CERT.ENT - Applying ECVET and ECTS to certify learning outcomes and qualification of the entrepreneur in construction sector
Lifelong Learning Programme - Leonardo da Vinci Multilateral projects for Development of Innovation, financed by the European Commision.
Since Consortium has verified great differences among EU countries about rules and systems on entrepreneur competences certification, limiting mobility possibilities for entrepreneurs when moving from one learning context to another, and from one national/regional VET system to another (and, by the way, also restricting enterprise mobility), the project is fundamentally aimed to apply ECVET to entrepreneurs, particularly of Construction sector, through development, testing and implementation of a new European sectoral qualification system incorporating EQF, ECVET and Europass, able to overcome fragmentation of territorial (national and also regional, if regions are competent in VET matter) qualifications systems.
At this aim are foreseen following specific objectives:
- definition and application of operational and transferable methods and guidelines to design the concerned qualification in units of learning outcomes with allocation of ECVET points, based on ECVET technical specifications (actually, even though there are rare EU countries, as Belgium, having specific rules and systems on recognition, development and certification of entrepreneur competences, in no case qualification is designed following European common principles and tools for transparency and recognition of learning outcomes and qualifications);
- testing of units of learning outcomes based sectoral entrepreneur qualification with associated procedures for assessment, transfer, validation and accumulation of learning outcomes achieved in formal, informal and non formal contexts (to achieve this objective it will be fundamental the endorsement process, by national/regional authorities competent in VET and higher education and applying existing territorial rules in matter, of Memorandum of Understanding ECVET provisions, which will rend official the new designed qualification and engage signatories to its application);
- design and testing of specific ECVET quality standards to apply new European sectoral qualification “Entrepreneur in Constructions” across participating countries at national/regional level, also issuing an ECVET quality label to the qualification (quality label will be issued following quality standards and procedures included within MoU ECVET “Entrepreneur in Constructions”);
- design of apposite VET programmes with flexible devices for validation, transfer and recognition of learning outcomes, using ECVET principles, to allow the becoming of qualification by interested entrepreneurs in Constructions;
- development of concepts to combine ECVET and ECTS and enhance their compatibility based on learning outcomes approach (achievement of this objective is very important considering that several entrepreneur competences are at EQF level 6 and higher and, consequently, that ECVET can not cover the whole concerned professional field, being therefore needed, to put in transparency and to recognise all characteristic learning outcomes, also its integration with ECTS system).
The partnership of the project is formed by: Regione Toscana, Scuola Edile di Perugia, Centro per la Formazione e Sicurezza in Edilizia di Arezzo, Regione Umbria, Provincia di Arezzo, Provincia di Perugia, Formation PME Liège-Huy-Waremme, Συνομοσπονδ?α Εργαζομ?νων Κ?πρου (SEK), Fundación Laboral de la Construcción, Universität Bremen, Centro Edile per la Formazione e la Sicurezza, GIP FCIP Rectorat Paris, Econometrica Ltd. and Delorette Consulting Sarl.
For more information: http://www.cert-ent.eu